Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finally giving this blog thing a try

Those of you who know me well will laugh that I am feeling so intimidated by the prospect of setting up and maintaining my own blog. I mean, given how much I enjoy reading other's blogs, I should feel pretty comfortable in the blog world by now, right? But it is much, much easier to be a passive consumer than an active contributor.

I do at least have some great subject matter to blog about now. Our son, Jackson Calhoun, was born two weeks ago today (wow.). And given that he was two weeks early, I am going to go ahead and say that this blog is arriving just.in.time. Thankyouverymuch. The past two weeks have been a blur- a euphoric, love-filled, overwhelmed-by-this-blessing kind of blur- but a blur nonetheless. Which gives me all the more motivation to go ahead and start this blog in order to chronicle some of our life. I'm also hoping that our far-flung family and friends will enjoy this blog as much as we have enjoyed keeping up with everyone else through their posts and pictures. Finally, in the interest of fair play, I need to create a place for my friends to be able to harass me about a lack of posting just as I have done to them!

And now for the important stuff... an attempt at posting pictures of the little man:

Jack and mama leaving the hospital in the super-fly wheelchair.

Rob's view of our sweet little man. I have a feeling that he'll be seeing this view a lot today, as he soaks up the time before he returns to the world of the working tomorrow.


What an outrageous and unexpected blessing! Yes, we knew we were having a baby, and yes, many of our close friends already have children. But I really had no idea what joy this little one would bring to our lives. There have been a few rough spots, and I know there will be many, many more, but as we sit awake in the middle of the night quietly staring at our little man, there is nowhere we would rather be.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Welcome to the blog world :) Looking forward to many pictures and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! I'm so excited! And yes, I will harrass you if you do not keep this blog updated. Jack is absolutely precious. Seriously one of the cutest babys ever!! :) I can't wait to hold him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging - a must for a mommy, I think! Look forward to lots of pictures of that sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete