Friday, December 18, 2009

Baking, not Blogging

I have a good excuse for my extended blog absence... several, actually. We've travelled the southeast, tried to catch up from being out of town for so long, attempted to get a bit of Christmas shopping done, and managed to enjoy the holiday season with family and friends (updates forthcoming!).

Lately, though we've been all about the baking. It just doesn't seem like Christmas until my kitchen and I are covered in sugar cookie frosting, so that's what we've been doing. The marathon baking sessions have been a lot more interesting with a two and half month old in the house, and it would have been completely impossible had my dear mom not come down to help me (i.e. bake and ice about 95% of the sugar cookies herself while I nursed, bounced, soothed, etc.).

The cookies are done...


And so is the fudge...


And so is the banana bread...

And, perhaps yummiest of all, so is the cinnamon-honey butter (sorry- I didn't get any pictures of that).

Now it feels like Christmas :) The baking is finished (assuming that I can resist the temptation to reenter the kitchen), and I only have one or two odds and ends to pick up before Christmas. Our only real task over the next several days is to celebrate with our little man... and maybe to catch up on some blogging.


Well, our task tonight appears to be getting this little man to sleep. Nightime is usually not a struggle, but tonight is the exception. He likes to keep us on our toes, I guess. Rob and I have been switching off for about three hours now, with only about 15 minutes of Jack-sleep to show for it. Here's hoping we get a nice long stretch tonight after all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment