A few days before Thanksgiving my sweet office hosted a lunch with Jack as the guest of honor.
Next we were off to spend the night with Dori and Chris. This was Jack's first time to meet his precious not-cousin Audrey. Jack is surrounded by all of these beautiful, slightly older little girls, and I can't help wondering who is going to be the first to make his heart flutter. I hope they are kind.
Then we headed to Memphis for Jack's first visit to my parent's house. I had wondered about the new dynamic that a baby would create, but that was silly. I think everyone would agree that this was one of our most enjoyable family holidays ever.
It was Uncle Matt's first time to meet Jack, and I think he was smitten.
It was Uncle Matt's first time to meet Jack, and I think he was smitten.
And Jack enjoyed plenty of attention from everyone.


We played tons of Rock Band, and I predict that it will be making an appearance at many more family gatherings in the future. I, of course, was everyone's favorite vocalist.
We also took lots and lots of pictures. Rob and I got a new camera for our birthdays, so I spent lots of time playing around with it.
I think this one accurately captures Jack's thoughts about my new hobby:
My sister's friend, Margaret Cary, came over to take some family pictures of all us. Here are some of my favorites:

(Note Jack's hair. My dad can't resist every opportunity to give Jack a crazy 'do.)





(Note Jack's hair. My dad can't resist every opportunity to give Jack a crazy 'do.)


Rob had to fly to Boston for a few days after Thanksgiving, but thankfully I had my parents around to help out with Jack. As I mentioned earlier, my dad's favorite part was doing Jack's hair. Carly and Matt and I were all baldies, so I guess he never had this opportunity before :)
My mom and I made a quick trip to Mississippi one day to introduce Jack to his great-grandparents, my Mawmaw and Pawpaw. I was tickled that he turned on the charm and immediately took to them.
When Rob got back from Boston, we were off to our last stop. My friend, Julie, got married in Kentucky, and I was a bridesmaid. Julie and Jason did the reception decor themselves, and I thought they did an incredible job. A church fellowship hall never looked so good!

Jack did well and seemed to enjoy his first hotel stay. He had to spend lots of time with Daddy, as I was busy with bridesmaidy things, and I don't think Rob (or Jack) minded that one bit.
Our trip from Bowling Green back to Atlanta was not as smooth as the other legs, but we took our time and made frequent stops. All in all, our whirlwind tour went really well and was tons of fun. We loved getting to spend time with so many of our friends and family. We were also very glad to get home, just in time to jump into Christmas festivities. More on that later... I think this is the longest post blogger might be able to handle! Thanks for reading!
And, of course, Julie was a beautiful bride.


No comments:
Post a Comment