Monday, March 8, 2010

Road Warriors

Jack and I took our first road trip to Birmingham at the beginning of March.  I felt slightly guilty for subjecting my sweet little one to my crazy road trip routine, but at just over five months, he handled it like a champ.

We had dinner with several friends from my pledge class on Friday night (which Jack mainly slept through), and then spent the night with Carly.  He, of course, ate up all the attention that she lavished on him. 


And she graciously watched him on Saturday while I went to the main event, the Alpha Delta Pi Kappa Chapter 100th Anniversary luncheon.  As you would expect, there were some cheesy moments, but more than anything it was a fun time to reminisce and a great opportunity to spend time with dear friends that I don't see nearly often enough. 




(I pilfered some pictures from your blog, Jenn... hope you don't mind!)

That evening Jack and I moved to Dori's house where we spent time with my close friends and their families.  The seven little ones made our time together a bit more chaotic than it used to be, but it was good for the soul. 


It was so great to watch my baby with the children of women who have played such an important role in my life.  I think Jenn, Ashley, and Dori may all have been there the night that Rob and I first met!  (They can tell you how smitten I was right away.)  Jack and Audrey's second date:


(Side note- This is one of my favorite facebook comments ever on the above picture: "I love that swath of hair. He looks like a 50's gang member. The kind that rolls cigarettes in his t-shirt sleeve and snaps." Awesome, Emily.)

We capped off the weekend with a visit to Aline, Bou, Davis and Grayson.  It was so much fun to watch all the cousins together.  Jack thought Davis was hysterical.  Davis was able to make Jack laugh just by looking at him.  (Sadly, I didn't get any pictures.)  He already adores his older cousins!

Baby/Momma road-trip number one- success!

No comments:

Post a Comment